Program and Services
The E-House will design and deliver a host of programs and services to help older youth prepare to meet the challenges they may face as they navigate through the various life stages into adulthood. Our primary goal is to serve those young people who desire to strengthen core skills while learning new ones that empower them to become productive members of our society. We believe that it is particularly important for older youth to have an opportunity to not only learn academically, but also learn how to earn a living to support themselves and their future family. Therefore the uniqueness of our program/service model is that it is intricately linked to our Social Enterprise.
Our youth and workforce development programs are designed to:
- Serve older youth after-school and those who have dropped out of school
- Prepare youth to attain high school credentials and pursue higher education
- Prepare youth for jobs and careers in business and technology fields
- Create jobs for older youth to help reduce the unemployment rate among this population group
- Provide paid opportunities to work on client projects in our Social Enterprise while continuing learning
- Train youth how to become entrepreneurs and start new businesses
Our Services include:
- Tutoring Services for older youth (math and reading)
- Peer Mentoring Services
- Help with transportation to attend programs, travel to required appointments etc.
- Access to our Men’s cloths closet to receive free articles of cloths for work and school
- Case Management Services to help address a variety of human/social service needs
- Job Coaching and Placement Services